Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Macrame Love!

I am completely obsessed with macramé at the moment. It all started here with my Mother-in-Laws macrame owl, proudly adorning her car dash. She made it many moons ago and for me it was love at first sight. Textured, earthy and wise, a winning combination in my book.


I recently bought this fabulous vintage macramé plant hanger. It fits my home like a glove. I feel grounded when I walk past it and in tune with a generation of woman who valued different things to me.....the things my Mum valued such as making time to make her husband a lovely home cooked meal.


This morning I emailed a client some stage 2 suggestions for their lovely beach side home. I am hoping they like this image I found of a macrame wall hanging as much as I do.
 

Isn't it just the perfect solution when a bit of tone on tone texture is required! I'll keep you posted on their reaction!
PS: I was inspired tonight to make Jas some homemade sweet & sour pork. As my universe would have it he's working back late!
B
x

2 comments:

  1. What a blast from the past! We did macrame bottle holders years a go at school and i loved it!!!! good to see they the art isn't lost! KG xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG can't believe there is someone else that loves macrames lol I have a very special love / attachment to them ! My dad loved macrames and as he passed away when I was very young
    My mum kept 2 of his faves and gave it to me when I got married and moved to my own place !!
    !your one looks great !!! :)

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you and appreciate all comments.