Sunday, February 19, 2012

Talent



Yesterday my film editor husband, Jas, spoke to a industry audience at a new seminar series run by Tropfest ‘Rough Cut’. Our wonderful Australian of the year, Jeffery Rush, also spoke at this event. Jas said it was a sensational day full of inspiring stories.





Last night Jas shared some highlights with me and I just loved what Jeffery Rush said about ‘Talent’. He advised the aspiring film makers not to be overly consumed with promoting themselves. In his words ‘The cream always rises to the top’. ‘If you are truly talented’, he said, ‘acknowledgement will always find you’.

I thought this was so very true with a liberating and powerful sub message for today's world of hyper social media - Let's move away from our ego and just get on with our craft!

B

x

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you and appreciate all comments.